Provided by CalFresh Healthy Living, UC Placer/Nevada Counties and the Auburn Interfaith Food Closet
RECIPE TYPE: Main dish
PREP TIME: 15 minutes COOK TIME: 45 minutes
- ½ pound ground beef
- ½ small onion, diced (about ½ cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced (about ½ cup)
- 3 cups cooked beans (such as pinto and kidney) or 2 cans (14.5-oz.) of beans, drained
- 1 can (8-oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14.5-oz.) diced tomatoes with the juice
- 1 packet (1.25-oz.) chili seasonings *(or homemade seasonings right)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup frozen corn (optional)
1½ tablespoons chili powder
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon brown sugar
⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a large pot, brown ground beef with onion, garlic, and bell pepper; drain.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Simmer for at least 30-45 minutes.