Recipe adapted from Sustenance by Patricia Brown
RECIPE TYPE: Side Dish
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 10 minutes
- 1 bunch kale or chard (8 oz.), washed, and chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, pealed and sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablesspoons lemon
Optional Toppings: chopped apples. sliced hard-boiled eggs, or pecans
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes: until fragrant.
- Stir in kale or chard and add water to the pan. Cover and steam for 3 – 5 minutes stirring occasionally. If greens are sticking to the pan, add extra water one tablespoon at a time.
- When greens are wilted, turn off the heat and add lemon juice and optional topings.
- Serve Hot