Provided by the Auburn Interfaith Food Closet
RECIPE TYPE: Main – Side
SERVES: 8 – 10
TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes + chilling
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 3 cups assorted fresh vegetables, chopped (e.g. broccoli, carrots, celery, bell peppers, cauliflower, summer squash, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- 1 can (2 ¼ ounces) sliced black olives, drained (optional)
- 1 can (1 ½ cups cooked) black beans, drained
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing (or other dressing of your choice)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, combine vegetables and water in microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on High for 2-3 minutes. Immediately place vegetables in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Drain pasta, rinse with cold water, and drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, vegetables, tomatoes, onion, olives and beans.
- Toss with the dressing and salt. Cover and refrigerate. Serve chilled.