Recipe adapted from eatfresh.org
Provided by the Auburn Interfaith Food Closet
RECIPE TYPE: Main – Side
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup (about 1/2 medium) green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, frozen (thawed) or canned (drained)
- 1/2 cup (about 1/2 medium) onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon oil (for sautéing)
- 1/2 cup (about 1 Roma) tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 8 small flour tortillas (6”)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Salsa and/or sour cream, to dip (optional)
- Sauté the corn kernels, bell pepper, and onion in 1/2 teaspoon oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato, and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes, until tomato is soft. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off the heart, and stir in cilantro (if using).
- Heat tortillas in a large clean skillet until just soft.
- Divide cheese and vegetables between 4 tortillas, and top each one with a second tortilla. Cook one tortilla in the large dry skillet until cheese melts. Fold over, and flip to cook on other side, until tortilla is crispy and browned. Repeat with other tortillas. Cut each tortilla into quarters. Serve warm with salsa and/or sour cream