Provided by the Auburn Interfaith Food Closet
RECIPE TYPE: Main – Side
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 carrots – peeled and sliced (approximately 2 cups)
- 1 bunch asparagus (or substitute with broccoli or cauliflower) – chopped (approximately 2 cups)
- 1 onion – chopped
- 1 bunch kale or 4 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups cooked soybeans or peas
- 1 orange – peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Garlic, salt, and pepper – to taste
- 1 chopped green onion and sesame seeds for serving – [both optional]
- Cooked rice – for serving
- Quarter the peeled orange. Reserve the juice of one quarter and chop the rest in bite-sized pieces.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the carrots, asparagus, and onion. Cook 5-6 minutes until asparagus is tender.
- Add the soybeans or peas, kale or spinach, the juice of 1/4 orange, soy sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir to mix and cook until greens are wilted.
- Turn off the heat, add the orange pieces, and mix to warm through. Serve on top of warm rice. Sprinkle green onion and sesame seeds on the rice.