Recipe adapted from oneshetwoshe.com
RECIPE TYPE: Side Dish
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 40 minutes
- 5 extra-large tomatoes
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil, to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped (e.g. basil, oregano, parsley, rosemary, sage or thyme)
- Preheat the oven to 450 °F. Wrap a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, and lay a sheet of parchment paper on top of the foil (optional).
- Cut tomatoes in 3/4-inch slices. Remove seeds and juice. Poke a few holes in the bottom of tomato end pieces. Drain tomato slices cut-side down on a paper towel, for a few minutes.
- Arrange tomato slices on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle tomatoes with the minced garlic, and drizzle with olive oil, and balsamic vinegar, using a teaspoon to avoid dousing slices too much. Sprinkle with salt, and pepper, to taste.
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tomatoes are soft, dark and caramelized, but not burned.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs, and serve hot.