Adapted from www.eatfresh.org
Provided by CalFresh Healthy Living, UCCE Placer/Nevada Counties, and the Auburn Interfaith
RECIPE TYPE: Side Dish, Salad
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
CHILL TIME: 30 minutes
- 1 can (15-oz.) corn, drained (or 1¾ cup frozen corn, thawed)
- 1 can (15-oz.) beans, drained and rinsed (or 1¾ cup cooked beans)
- 1/4 cup red onions, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic (1 teaspoon), minced (or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Drain and rinse the corn and beans (if canned).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice (or vinegar) and honey. Add cilantro, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper, and mix well.
- In a larger bowl, combine the corn, beans, red onions, and bell pepper.
- Toss with dressing, and chill at least 30 minutes.