Provided by the Auburn Interfaith Food Closet
RECIPE TYPE: Main dish
PREP TIME: 15-20 minutes
BAKING TIME: 30 minutes at 350 °F
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 medium potatoes, cooked and cooled
- 10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 5 oz. cheddar cheese (2 cups shredded)
- 6 eggs, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F. Wash hands.
2. Pour 1 teaspoon of oil in a 9” x 13” baking dish, and coat dish using a paper towel. Discard
3. Peel and dice the cooked potatoes. Squeeze the liquid out of the thawed chopped spinach.
Chop the onion, and mince the garlic. Shred the cheese. Wash hands again.
4. In a large frying pan, heat 1 teaspoon oil. Add onion and garlic to pan, and cook until
onions are soft and translucent. Remove from heat, stir in the potatoes, spinach, cheese,
herbs, salt and pepper. Pour this mixture into the oiled baking dish, top with the beaten
eggs, and stir.
5. Bake at 350 °F for 30 minutes. Serve warm.