Recipe adapted from patiodaddio on www.tastykitchen.com.
Provided by CalFresh Healthy Living, UCCE Placer/Nevada Counties and the Auburn Interfaith Food Closet.
RECIPE TYPE: Salad – Side
SERVES: 8 (1/2 cup serving)
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- 1 16-oz bag of coleslaw mix (or 5 cups thinly sliced cabbage + 1 cup grated carrots)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice or rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin (pepitas) or sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or parsley (optional)
- Place the coleslaw mix or the shredded cabbage and grated carrots in a large bowl. Set aside.
- For the dressing, mix together the lime juice (or rice vinegar if using), oil, chili powder, sugar and salt. Pour over coleslaw mix. Stir to combine.
- Just before serving, top with pepitas (or sunflower seeds) and chopped cilantro or parsley (optional). Serve right away.
- Slaw can be made ahead of time and refrigerated. Add dressing and top with pepitas (or sunflower seeds) just before eating.