Provided by CalFresh Healthy Living, UCCE Placer/Nevada Counties, and the Auburn Interfaith Food Closet
RECIPE TYPE: Side
TOTAL TIME: 10 minutes
- 3-4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium-small zucchini, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive (or vegetable) oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar (substitute: 1 teaspoon lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard, optional
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried), optional
- Combine chopped tomatoes and zucchini in a medium bowl.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, sugar or lemon juice, chives, salt, pepper, and optional mustard together in a small bowl.
- Mix dressing into tomatoes and zucchini.
- Add optional basil and toss lightly. Serve.